Thursday, January 2, 2014

The devil is in the details...

So it is all well and good to say "eat no more than 10% of your daily calories from animal sources that are free-range, organic, local, and sustainable," and it is another thing entirely to FIND those things!

As I come across useful information I will be posting it to the Resources page that I just threw up - starting with http://www.eatwild.com/products/washington.html - looks like I will be paying a visit to Sea Breeze Farm's booth at the U District Farmer's Market soon! (http://www.seabreezefarm.net)

They're located on lovely Vashon Island, pictured below. Can't wait to try their eggs!

And here's the part where the rubber will meet the road.  See, I live above a Safeway.  In the same building, 4 floors up, atop a huge, giant, massive, big-a$$ SAFEWAY.  Which means it's oh so easy for me to simply pop on flip flops, throw a coat over my sweats, take the elevator downstairs, and shop for factory-farmed eggs that cost almost nothing.

But that's not what I want to do, so I am no longer going to do it.

I will shop for Sea Breeze Farms eggs this Saturday, and report back on the deliciousness factor!



No comments:

Post a Comment